Current time: 06-19-2019, 03:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegisterLogin with Facebook)
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
State inspection for Modded Car
07-04-2016, 06:55 AM
State inspection for Modded Car
I need a new inspection. I have been denied multiple times. They pop the hood and say I'm sorry we can't inspect it because it is a Modded car. Then they put a fail sticker on it. I don't have a cat but everything else is fine. They don't even put it on the lift to even notice that it's missing the cat and fail me from looking at the engine. What do people do for inspections? I've never had an issue until this year and places I have gone for years are telling me no. I've only tried two places but it still concerning.

Richmond doesn't have emmisions anyways... And I would bet my car would pass with flying colors since I'm running a stand alone. I'm also running a wideband on top of it so they can even see my ratios from the driver's seat.

I could weld a cat shroud on my exhaust but that seems unnecessary and kinda silly and wouldn't get me past the initial hood pop. Is there some new inspection laws or something I'm missing?

Shop suggestions are welcomed. I'm in Chesterfield but any RVA shop will work.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: State inspection for Modded Car
(07-04-2016 06:55 AM)ProficientMess Wrote:  I need a new inspection. I have been denied multiple times. They pop the hood and say I'm sorry we can't inspect it because it is a Modded car. Then they put a fail sticker on it. I don't have a cat but everything else is fine. They don't even put it on the lift to even notice that it's missing the cat and fail me from looking at the engine. What do people do for inspections? I've never had an issue until this year and places I have gone for years are telling me no. I've only tried two places but it still concerning.

Richmond doesn't have emmisions anyways... And I would bet my car would pass with flying colors since I'm running a stand alone. I'm also running a wideband on top of it so they can even see my ratios from the driver's seat.

I could weld a cat shroud on my exhaust but that seems unnecessary and kinda silly and wouldn't get me past the initial hood pop. Is there some new inspection laws or something I'm missing?

Shop suggestions are welcomed. I'm in Chesterfield but any RVA shop will work.
Honestly.. (Btw I'm new here) you just have to know someone. My car has a small flaw in its computer system it also has modded exhaust and lowering springs which doesn't go well in maryland inspections overall the state just doesn't like it. but when I get a new car that has things like that of which wont pass inspection i usually just take it to a guy i know who will literally just glance at the car and say you pass. Sure it ain't easy, but once you find someone who can legitly do so you are set for life. i live in maryland so I don't know the regulations for VA.
Sorry if it wasn't any help for ya.
07-26-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: State inspection for Modded Car
He's right. You just have to know someone. The problem is that the "someone" probably doesn't want to post on a public forum saying "I'll hook you up".

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Twitter MySpace