Current time: 09-21-2019, 06:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegisterLogin with Facebook)
View New Posts | View Today's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions please!
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Suggestions please!
I have an Eibach Pro Kit installed on my car and now there's a clanging noise on the front driver's side only when I hit a bump. One place said a bolt is missing from the strut. Another place said the strut needs to be replaced. And they said I shouldn't be driving it at all because it's metal to metal contact. They added, one good, solid hit in the right place and I'd be looking at welding things which would be very expensive. The place who installed it (but shall remain nameless for now) says the strut has to be replaced. They said it won't be under warranty. However, I'm thinking it should be under warranty especially according to the Eibach website and my call to them. Has anybody had any luck or experience in situations like this? The customer service of the installing shop has gotten horrendous! Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Suggestions please!
Year make and model of car please. Isn't the pro kit just sitting? Did you lower the car? Do you have bump stops? Sounds like your car is too low on the driver's side

Doug
86 944 na 5 spd
07-12-2013, 09:47 AM
It should be fairly obvious to see if its a part failure of a failure due to incorrect installation. Thats what really matters. If it was installed incorrectly the shop should eat whatever it takes to make it right. If its a part failure then the failure needs to be well documented and sent to Eibach for them to warranty.

I will say that with my dealings with Eibach in the past, good luck on getting ANYTHING warrantied out of them. They just don't care nowadays. I had a customer with a '99 Cobra that had a front spring BREAK. The actual coil broke in half with 4,000 miles on it. It was 100%, obvious, absolutely a part failure. Eibach pretty much said "yea, sorry...can't do anything about that."
07-12-2013, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 12:26 PM by YeahIdriveaHonda.)
(07-12-2013 06:52 AM)uvachief Wrote:  Year make and model of car please. Isn't the pro kit just sitting? Did you lower the car? Do you have bump stops? Sounds like your car is too low on the driver's side

It's an 08 Honda Civic SI. Yeah it was lowered with the pro kit. I'm thinking there aren't any bump stops. It was fine until about 1-2 weeks ago.

(07-12-2013 09:47 AM)kevin@pas Wrote:  It should be fairly obvious to see if its a part failure of a failure due to incorrect installation. Thats what really matters. If it was installed incorrectly the shop should eat whatever it takes to make it right. If its a part failure then the failure needs to be well documented and sent to Eibach for them to warranty.

I will say that with my dealings with Eibach in the past, good luck on getting ANYTHING warrantied out of them. They just don't care nowadays. I had a customer with a '99 Cobra that had a front spring BREAK. The actual coil broke in half with 4,000 miles on it. It was 100%, obvious, absolutely a part failure. Eibach pretty much said "yea, sorry...can't do anything about that."

Oh wow. Hoping it doesn't come to a battle with Eibach. They said it's not very likely (but still likely) that the bolt could have backed out. You're right, shops should correct their mistakes. Key word there being "should."

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Twitter MySpace