Cars & Coffee Richmond Forum
2017 Lifted Jeep Wrangler - VIBRATION - solved - Printable Version

+- Cars & Coffee Richmond Forum (http://carsandcoffeerichmond.com/ccr/forum)
+-- Forum: Car Culture (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2017 Lifted Jeep Wrangler - VIBRATION - solved (/showthread.php?tid=18517)

2017 Lifted Jeep Wrangler - VIBRATION - solved - Damon - 05-31-2018 06:09 AM

Before I bought this new Jeep, the dealership installed a 4" lift and 37" tires. Later, I found that the steering wheel was vibrating significantly, peaking at 50 mph. It was vibrating in the range of around 45 to 55 mph. The vibration was not random, but completely predictable, happening every time in that speed range.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=475]

This is what fixed the vibration issue in my lifted jeep. These drop-down brackets change the angle and redirect energy into the suspension system more like a stock Jeep. In addition to the installation of these brackets, all 5 of my wheels were "road-force" balanced. The road-force balance machine rejected 3 out of my 5 tires, so 3 tires were replaced under warranty.

These 2 changes provided me with "highway-capable" machine, with perfectly balanced wheels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=476]

RE: 2017 Lifted Jeep Wrangler - VIBRATION - solved - Damon - 05-31-2018 11:56 PM

The dealership with the road force balance machine capable of handling the 37" tires was Haley Chevrolet, Richmond.